There are many advantages to playing at online casinos, but there are also some downsides as well. In this section we will be taking a look at some of the major pros and cons of online casino gambling. This list of pros and cons is directly aimed at Australian players and we hope that you will consider these pros and cons before signing up to any of our fully licensed online casinos. The good news is that all of these top Australian online casinos are free to sign up to and you will receive a guaranteed new player welcome bonus as soon as your new account is active.
Pros of Online Casino Gambling
- One of the obvious advantages to playing at any of our top-rated online casinos is that you will receive either a matching deposit bonus or a no deposit bonus when signing up. This is something you would never get when playing at a real land based casino.
- One of the great things about playing at an online casino is that you never have to leave the house to play on your favourite games.
- Better still, most online casinos today are also now available on mobile which means that we can now enjoy playing on our favourite games from almost any location using a smartphone or tablet device.
- Online casinos have some of the world’s biggest jackpots and these individual prize pools can often reach well in to the millions of dollars. You can generally play for these jackpots from as little as AU$0.01 to AU$0.50 per spin/round/hand.
- Online casinos have better odds than most land based casinos and the average Return to Player percentage payout rate (known as the RTP% rate) is generally as high as 93.00% to 99.00%.
- You can now find hundreds of different games at any decent online casino (in some cases more than 800 individual games) and the vast majority of these games are available in the real money mode and in the free play mode.
- Online casinos never close. They are open 24 hours per day and you don’t have to worry about adhering to any strict dress code like you would at a land based casino.
- The wide betting ranges on all of the games cater to low rollers, high rollers and everyone else in between.
- You can earn redeemable loyalty points simply by playing at online casinos in the real money mode.
- In addition to virtual casino games, you can also now enjoy playing on a wide range of live dealer casino games at most of today’s online casinos.
Cons of Online Casino Gambling
- The atmosphere at an online casino doesn’t quite compare to the atmosphere created at a land based casino and the online experience can often be a lonely one. For example you can’t enjoy the usual sights and smells that you can find at land based casinos and there is often little or no interaction with other players/dealers/croupiers when playing online.
- When you win money at a land based casino you can exchange your chips for cash immediately, but it can take up to 48 hours to get your hands on your winnings when playing online.
- If you don’t set daily, weekly or monthly spending limits it can be really easy to spend lots of money in an online casino, so just be careful and try to gamble responsibly.
- While most online casinos allow you to get in touch with a professionally trained member of player support at in an instant, sometimes you can be waiting in a queue, the line might be busy, or you may be waiting for an email from the casino and this can be quite frustrating, especially if you have an urgent issue.